Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Cooking and Cunnilingus


I realized the other night, after a positively spot on oral performance on the heels of a divine meal, creating a great meal and a great romp between the sheets are more similar than not. As I see it there are only a few reasons to do either: to satisfy someone you care about or to show-off. I know, I know; what about pleasing yourself? Well, hopefully you are not doing it unless you enjoy it, and if you are, then that is an entirely different subject. Truth is, most of us enjoy sex and enjoy a good meal, but if you are the one crafting and not merely feasting, then there is addition motive, thus the caring vs. showing-off scenario.

When creating a memorable dish, you need to layer flavors and textures to create interest. Take the seemingly boring hamburger. A succulent intriguingly seasoned burger topped with the finest condiments can blow your mind. Likewise, oral sex can be a “slurp and burp” (that was the grossest saying I could think of!) or it can be practically a religious experience. It can and must be catered to your partner’s particular taste.

Catering to people is something I am alarmingly good at, too good sometimes in fact. The truth is I need a muse. When I am alone I tend to cook basic healthy staples. The magic and variety usually goes out the window. I like the challenge of creating a meal with someone else’s particular likes and dislikes in mind. I prefer vegetables to meat and there is almost nothing I won’t eat, so my tastes rarely narrow anything down! Don’t get me wrong, I love food, love it, but I have a hard time bringing myself to create a masterpiece when it is only me I am cooking for. I also am one of those women who actually enjoy giving head. I guess there is something about doing something you are good at, exactly the way someone else likes it, that gives me a sense of satisfaction.

On the subject of head: I name my moves. Yes, I am a silly girl. But honestly when I am working my magic it helps to visualize. There are typical ones- corkscrew ice-cream cone and more exotic ones- the head nibble waterfall. Hey, the names could potentially help your silly man remember his favs and coach you on what he wants on an evening when you really just want to “get-in and get-out”. This theory hasn’t worked so well for me so far because the last thing he is doing is paying attention to my asinine names post-coital. They still please me and allow me to bask in the glow of my awesomeness a bit longer. Yes, I am a show-off, but I would also like to think that I am a caring, giving person; perhaps a hybrid of the two aforementioned categories of cooks and cocksuckers.

I forgot where I was going with this except that I gain the same carnal pleasure from cooking a great dish and giving a wicked blow-job. I have the same visceral passion for food and sex. These happen to be the two subjects I could go on and on about all day. I suppose that in these two arenas you must have passion and the only rule of thumb is to make it enjoyable. It is expression. Food and sex are art that must be shared, must be consumed to be appreciated. I am tired of people criminalizing these joys.

I think that the most natural pleasures in like are sex and food, and the most unnatural is money. Hell, we can’t live without food and we are created to come together with each other. Money is a means to an end, but it seems like it is the only acceptable obsession anymore. Hell, money in and of itself is boring. Yes, food can make you fat. Yes, sex can give you a disease. But to truly appreciate either you must respect it. If you respect food you will enjoy it without shoveling garbage in your mouth. If you respect sex you will be safe and respectful of your partner(s). Wars are not started over cuisine or cunnilingus. Perhaps if we embraced these pleasures more fully and openly there would be less repressed anger exploding around us. I digress, I did not start out to get all preachy, I just wanted to share my love for the “organic pleasures” of life and the connection I see between the two. Think about the art of it all next time you are whipping up a meal or taking your lover between your lips. Bon appétit!


No comments:

Post a Comment