Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Week 2, Day 3

Whew, I missed writing yesterday because I was at the CUNY freelance writing workshop, and then in a meeting at my office getting my pay cut. I have some catching up to do!

Ok, Monday evening I reeeally did not want to go to the "meet and greet" at the Graduate school, but I did. It was interesting. I left just as torn and confused as to which direction to take with my life as ever, but I did find it informative. Oh, I also re-weighed myself and realized that I had in fact lost 3 lbs last week.

Tuesday: I went to Pilates and then hiked over to the school for the Freelance workshop. It was really interesting. I feel like, if I can get motivated, that would be the best place for me to start trying to get my work published. I can't help but think that even after going to graduate school I would have to start off the same way. I know that I would rather work for a magazine than a newspaper, I want to write editorial or features, not do reporting. I guess I am slowly figuring out a few things. I really am not sure about school, but I have a year to figure it out!

I arrived back at work a hour before our scheduled "mandatory staff meeting". When the hammer fell, I gotta give my boss credit, she did a really good job. The pay cut sucks but she made it really hard to get super pissed at her, in that meeting. My measly pay is getting cut 10% now, and if things don't get better, another 20% in a month. Thiiiis is not goood! I figure for that type of salary I could be doing something fun! Hell, I could work in publishing or at the page program at NBC! I know it will all work out for the best, God always has my back. My friend and I decided to go back to her place and have a few glasses of wine in honor of the pay-cutting and then she took me out to a great dinner of Burgers and roast chicken with my best friend, french fries! (I thought it was amazing, but I also had not eaten all day and was tipsy, so who knows)

After dinner, I wandered back up to Midtown East from her home in the West Village and called my man. We had a bit of a quarrel the night before, but he tryed calling me all day to apologize. He promised me we would be the fairytale couple we where when we first met when he got home. I hope he is right, for better or worse, he is my best friend!

Now it is Wednesday morning, I slept through my alarm, so no workout yet. I suppose I have conquered a few weekly goals so far:
-Social Outings
-New Connection (kind of, I actually did not meet anyone I am going to stay in contact with, hmm)
-Workouts so far
-Writing-I have some really great new ideas
- Dinner party scheduled for Sunday
- New Recipe to try Saturday: Homemade pasta with scallops in a lemon butter sauce
- New NYC: Explore Chinatown in search of Broccoli
- Pushing myself: ?

So I am half way through my week and I am still in the planning stage, but hey, I still have four more days to make it happen!

1 comment:

  1. Your writing is excellent you manage to translate your mindset perfectly through words, I imagine your voice and it sounds sensual, and bitchy, keep doing your thing FI

    ReplyDelete