Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Day 2, Morning 3

Well,
Yesterday wrapped-up relatively drama free. My Neurotic boss started to make me a little crazy by the end of the day, but a little crazy is the best you can hope for in the glamorous world of Personal Assisting! Honestly, watching Mark on Ugly Betty re-runs last night made me see the humor in this silly job.

I was quite depressed about my employment for a while, there is no promotion potential because the executive I work for owns a company in a technical field I have no interest in, I don't make much money and I use almost none of the skills I worked so hard over the years to hone, oh, and my boss is an OCD, Bi-Polar Pack-rat.

Now, I just see the humor in it all. At least I get paid for wrapping gifts in miniature boxes, cutting-up her lunch if she is too busy to do it herself, and going on personal vendettas against anyone who erks her! I only wish she were as fabulous as Wilimina Slater or Glen Close! Or that I was working in a field as fabulous as Publishing.

As far as The Experiment, I tried to set-up my dinner party, but my attendees from work are going out of town. I have made a great move in the right direction with my online invitation to other NYC Foodies to unite. I even tried to contact Julie Powell through her blog to get her to participate. I doubt she will respond, probably thinking me a nut job.

I almost wonder if people we admire are destined to reject us if we ever get close enough. Perhaps heroes are made to live in our minds only. Like Julia Child's rejecting Julie Powell, and maybe Julie rejecting me. But honestly, I just think she seems like a ton of fun, so maybe she will come around eventually!

This morning I was thrilled to see that "avideater", the take-charge blogger from my post, has congregated 7 people in some online corral and they are ready to do this thing! I am not going to check-off my "new connections" for the week until there is an in-the-flesh meeting set, but things are looking good!

It is Wednesday and I still need to experience a new, uniquely New York, outing; try a new recipe, go out, and do one thing I am not comfortable with.

Who knows what the rest of the day or week will bring. Today, while I should be working, I will try to find a new museum or show or something new, cheap or free to get myself into. Not bad for 3 days in! I am even thinking about stepping-up my game and posting a new piece of writing daily instead of weekly! We'll see how that goes

No comments:

Post a Comment