Saturday, January 2, 2010

Stripping in the Dark

Reading over my past posts I realized how intimate this is. There are things that I have held back, but only those things I can't stand to say out loud to myself yet. Those are the things that I can barely stand to think. I have a feeling that they will eventually end-up here too though.

I know that these posts are out there for all the world to see, but they don't look. It is as though I am standing in Times Square naked, but no one has noticed yet. There is a pleasing irony to it. Anything you could possibly want to know about me is right here, all you have to do is read it. It feels almost like I am playing a practical joke on those who wonder about me, those who would love to take a peek into my mind. Truths hidden in plain sight. I have found that is the best place to hide those things you are truly afraid to reveal.

One day people may see me, like an "artistic portfolio" of a young aspiring actress that suddenly emerges years later. Unlike her, I will not run from my compromising poses, I think I will revel in the beautiful curves of my truest self.

No comments:

Post a Comment