Thursday, October 8, 2009

Wandering Meditation and Unexpected Solutions

Walking for hours through the darkening streets of New York, searching for Masarepa (cooked corn flour) I felt like a ghost. It was so quiet, so peaceful, so alone. I walked and walked and walked for hours. It was like meditation.

I arrived home, with a slightly improved mood, and got started silently on my Arepas and soup. D blessedly let me be quiet. By the time we finished our Arepas and a sitcom, I felt like the darkness was beginning to lift.

I woke-up on Wednesday with a renewed sense of joy.

Cocktails and trivia questions and celebration over D's new freelance job highlighted Wednesday evening which ended with a fat-fest courtesy of our downstairs deli!

I awoke this morning with agonizing cramps, I am still uncertain whether they are PMS or a result of my turkey club with extra mayo!

It looks like EWI may have to reschedule again, this has been a strange week. I accomplished many of my goals, but not in the way I first intended. My social events are all with D's family or my own, my workouts have been more out of the gym than in, potential connections are spontaneous rather than planned, my new recipe was ok but hindered by a mysterious missing ingredient, and all the strangeness has left me feeling a bit upended. But that is behind me now, and the great expanse of possibility lyes ahead! The FSO exam was a breeze and I have only to wait and see what happens!

I feel more a leaf in the breeze then master of my destiny! I suppose that is where faith comes in. I will try to float happily through the rest of the weekend, through dinner with the Aunt, through a fun-filled 3 year anniversary, through an evening with in laws rather than foodies, and over a scale I am dreading stepping on!

No comments:

Post a Comment