Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Lion Tamer


Like someone who acquires a baby lion or tiger or bear cub and then is surprised when it becomes a full grown force to be reckoned with, I have grown a life that threatens to sweep me away!

I created this party, I made this whirlwind. Riding atop the breaker, I wonder how long I can keep it up, and when it carried me away.

I'm not complaining, just contemplating. My life is an endless string of social engagements, dinners, drinks, events and it is fabulous, but how long can I keep it up? This is not a lifestyle Mick Jagger could maintain in the long run.

I need to get back on top. I need to reign it all in, find the quiet and the balance. Perhaps I need to prune my guest list. Or perhaps I should just let it carry me away, perhaps I should ride this wave to the shore. Who knows?

My life is shifting, when the earth shifts there are earthquakes, perhaps this is just my personal tremor.

No comments:

Post a Comment